Friday, January 29, 2010

Basketball Mentality

If I could change one thing about myself it would be the ability to apply my basketball mentality to everything I do.

Let me explain. I have never in my life entered into a basketball game with the thought that I was going to lose. That isn't to say that I never lose or that I am so arrogant that I don't think I can be beaten. It's just that even if I know the other team is better it just means that we have to work that much harder to win.

Now, if I could just get myself to apply that to all of my classes. When I sign up for classes before every semester I see new unexplored territory and I always doubt that I have the required knowledge to get the A in the class that I want. Even though I doubt myself going in I always do well, I just wish I could have that positive outlook from the beginning.

1 comment: