Thursday, April 1, 2010

Screw Up

Lately I feel like my life has been in cruise control. I've just been living with nothing really to strive for. The problem with this is, when you don't have any thing as a goal that you can see you can wander. You run into speed bumps that normally you avoid with ease.

I am in no way perfect and I realize this, but lately stuff that I used to take tremendous pride in being able to do or things I've been able to avoid have been running into me.

One of the things I have fallen short on is my church attendance. I've never been the person who was all excited to go to church meetings to sit and listen, especially when church begins at 9 A.M. I know they are important and I always feel better when I go, but I have let other things take priority when they shouldn't. It's lucky that our ward had a basketball team or I would have to say that I wouldn't know more than two people in the ward.

Another thing is my language. I have worked construction and played sports for long enough that some words have become so ingrained in my language that they would just come out in normal conversation. Playing online video games with my friends didn't help. There have been a few times in my life that after an extreme bout of potty mouth that I look back and feel embarrassed at the things I said.

The good thing is these are things I know that can be fixed. Kristin deserves a husband that is willing to wake up and go to church with her. I know that going will make me the person I want to be. She also deserves a husband that knows when things might be getting out of hand and it's time to step back and calm down before his mouth makes him look like an idiot.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Brandon. I know the Lord loves you very much, and so does Kristin. Don't forget to let the Lord help you become the man, husband, and ultimately, father you want to be.

    You are a son of God. He is mindful of you and will tutor you. It is my experience that it gets easier and easier to hear and understand the teachings of the Lord as I continually repent, exercise faith through obedience to His commandments, and regularly stand in holy places.

    "Have patience, hang in there, and don't give up." I think we all need to hear those words at times. In fact, I was just thinking that I should say these words to myself.

    ReplyDelete